Monday 2 November 2015

MY FINAL DESIGN PRACTICE

Today I decided to practise two of my face charts and see which I preferred best on the actual face. I wanted to create something that  was simple but detailed, very pretty and was going to look great on camera.


PRACTISING THE BASE AND BLOCKING OUT EYEBROWS 
In the first image you can see I have applied the base, this was Illamasqua skin base 08 mixed with 01, I wanted the skin to be very pale but still have a yellow undertone and not be completely white. The skinbase worked really well especially with the satin primer underneath, it made the skin flawless and dewy and gave enough coverage to cover any blemishes and redness. I then used the dermacolor concealer mixed with illamasqua skin base lift in white for under the eyes to brighten up the face and hide any unwanted dark circles. I wanted to create my look based for fashion or editorial so I think the choice of foundation is great for that as other foundations such as the ultra palette is a lot more full coverage and I don't think it would look as nice on camera. 
I then used a couple of different products on the eyebrows to see which worked best. First I tried an Illamasqua skin base lift in white with a spoolie and brushed the product through the eyebrows it worked really well but I couldn't get the brushed up effect I wanted because the product was cream based meaning it just warmed up and the hair fell back into place. 
I wanted something that would keep the eyebrows standing up and made them look more bushy and the hairs more defined. I decided to try a water base product which I know would stick to every individual hair. The aqua colour worked really well and helped the eyebrows stay in place. 
I then experimented my first design by using the gold in the inner corners and creating the fashion ombre lip. I also added some light brown to the crease of the eye just to create some shade so the eye wasn't so blank. It also means once the pearls were there they would stand out more against the brown. I tried using some of the gold under the brow bone which in the end I didn't really like as the colour showed up different on camera. I also added some blush and contour which made the skin exactly how I wanted it to look, I like the fact it was dewy and highlighted but still looked like the elizabethan historic skin with the blushed cheeks and pale complexion. 

CHOOSING A PLACEMENT
The next step was to choose the placement of the pearls, I knew I wanted them somewhere around the eye but not on top of the eyebrow as I knew this would make the forehead look smaller and I wanted to make it look as big as possible to fit in with the ELizabethan theme. I tried doing them directly across the eye from the inner corner to the end of the brow and I quite liked how it looked but I wanted it to look a bit more softer and feminine. I then tried extending the line of pearls to the hair line to see if it would look better, as the sides of the face are quite plain. Unfortunately because of the face shape the line became distorted and it was difficult to get it into a straight line, on camera it appeared to bend.
I then tried the design which I did on the face chart which was rounded on the crease of the eye. I loved how this looked and thought it looked a lot more pretty and suited the face shape. I then added black mascara to make the eye colour pop and look more defined.

CREATING A FINAL LOOK AND PRACTISING MY SECOND FACE CHART
I then made this into a final look by creating a hairstyle as I wanted to see what both face charts would look like finalised. I then went on to creating the second look. I left all of the products the same but removed the blusher and took the pearls off ready to create the next look.
I started by adding more gold to the inner corner of the eye and over the eyebrows. I also made the lips fully lined and filled. I then used a bronzer to create the contour, I used a piece of card as a stencil to create the heart shape of the forehead and carried the bronzer down onto the cheekbones.
I then added the pearls using eyelash glue and tweezers around the heart shape contour making it more prominent.

CHOOSING A FINAL DESIGN 
I really like how both designs turned out which meant it was harder to choose between the two of them. When creating a final look including hair I decided to go with the first design as it looked a lot better with the hairstyle I wanted to do. Even though the other makeup looked really effective too it didn't work well with the hairstyle as there was too much on the forehead. I feel like its really important to think of every element of your final design to be able to find the right makeup. If you don't think about the hair, outfit, accessories etc. then things can clash or not work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment